Why Digital Marketing is Synonymous with Images and How to Get them for FREE!
The vast majority of marketing today is done online. It’s a very different than even just a few years ago. While much has changed many of the same old rules are the same. The most important of which is that you only have a few seconds to get your prospects attention. Today you do that with your headline AND your image!
Not sure about how powerful images are? Check out these interesting facts in a blog post by Jeff Bullas: 6 Powerful Reasons Why you Should include Images in your Marketing – Infographic
- Articles with Images get 94% more views
- Including a Photo and a Video in a Press Release increases views by over 45%
- 60% of consumers are more to contact a business when an image shows up in Local Search
- 67% of consumers say the quality of the product image is “very important” when making a buying decision
- The engagement rate on Facebook is 37% higher with images over just text
Visual Content Marketing is has reached new levels of importance in 2016 based on the changes that have happened in social media this past year alone. Hubspot recently reported some stats for 2016 that indicate the powerful impact that visual content marketing has on reach, engagement and sales in their blog post: 37 Visual Content Marketing Stats You Should Know in 2016. Here’s just a few highlights.
- People retain 65% of Visual Marketing Content 3 days later, vs only 10% of information only.
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without.OK
Don’t have a Big Budget for Images?
The good news is in today’s Digital World you don’t need a big budget to be a Visual Content Marketer! There are many options available to you … but before I go there let me give you a serious warning about using images: Be VERY CAREFUL of copyright infringements because it could be a VERY costly mistake! Make sure you know where you got the images from, and that you follow any and all rules as it relates to the copyright … and if you are a Google Images user be very, very careful.
So, what choices do you have? To start with there are many cost-effective sites to get quality images for as little as $1.00 each. Typically you buy credits, say $20-$30 at a time, and you use these credits to download images. In some cases the number of credits per image is based on the size of the image, others are a flat rate. Some of my favorite sites include: Kozzi Images and 123RF. There are also a lot of sites that you can get FREE images, if you are willing to spend the time looking for them! In fact, Kozzi Images published an excellent blog post that catalogs many of them for you. Check it out, bookmark your favorite sites and take the plunge into Visual Content Marketing : 87 FREE Stock Image Sites
MaryAnn Sigurdson is the Founder/CEO of Get Found by Design, a Digital Marketing Agency specializing in Reputation Marketing, SEO Local Search and WordPress Websites. She has spent a lifetime working with local business owners and entrepreneurs and is passionate about helping those who are driven to succeed.